Journey to the Morocco Desert Challenge Episode 3 – Desert training
Herman has arrived in Warzazat (Ouarzazate) Morocco and has begun his desert training for the 2018 Morocco Desert Challenge. Nicknamed “The door of the desert”, Warzazat is a city and capital of Ouarzazate Province in Drâa-Tafilalet region of south-central Morocco.
Herman got picked up by experienced rally driver Isabelle and her husband Thierry, in the early hours of the morning. The couple have taken part in 6 Dakar rallies are more than qualified to train him and guide through this preparation phase. Of course, being that it is his first time, Herman stumbled a few times during his desert training.
Watch as he takes us through his first desert training experience.
Morocco Desert Challenge - Powered by Rymax
Rymax Lubricants is the official main sponsor of the Morocco Desert Challenge (MDC), the 2nd biggest rally-raid in the world and the largest on African soil.
Journey to Morocco Desert Challenge
- Episode 1 – Chasing The Dream
- Episode 2 – The Can-Am Maverick X3
- Episode 3 – Desert training
- Episode 4 – Stuck in the desert
- Episode 5 – Can-Am Maverick X3 Test Drive
Morocco Desert Challenge Report
- Stage 1 - The Prologue
- Stage 2 - Plage Blanche – Touzounine
- Stage 3: Touzounine – The Dunes of the Jews
- Stage 4: The Dunes of the Jews – Fezzou
- Stage 5: Fezzou - Merzouga
- Stage 6: Merzouga - Boudnib
- Stage 7: Boudnib - Matarka
- Stage 8: Matarka - Oujda
- Morocco Desert Challenge 2018 - Aftermovie