- Very good stability against oxidation
- Excellent dispersant and detergent ability
- Neutralization of combustin acids, formed when burning diesel fuel
- Good anti wear properties
- Superior demulsibility.
- Protection against bearing corrosion.
- Good anti-foam properties
- Good protection against ‘bore-polishing’ and lacquering.
MarLub 12, SAE 30 and 40, are high quality marine diesel engine oils, developed for high output, medium speed trunk piston diesel engines, running on distillate or light residual fuel with a sulphur content of maximum 1.5%.
MarLub 12 oils are formulated with high quality paraffinic base stocks and selected additives that provide excellent detergent, dispersant, anti-wear and oxidation resistant properties. MarLub 12 is recommended for all high output, medium speed trunk piston marine diesel engines and in certain reduction gear systems where this type of lubricant is specified by the equipment manufacturer.
Medium speed trunk piston diesel engines.