- API CF
- API CF-2
- EMD, General Motors
- GE Generation 4 Long Life Oils
- LMOA GENERATION 5
- SAE 20W-40 helps provide reduced oil consumption, fuel economy, longer oil drain intervals and effective lubrication and oil flow at lower temperatures.
- Non-chlorinated additive package helps in reducing used oil disposal costs.
- Zinc-free formulation protects silver bearings against corrosion.
- High thermo-oxidative stability protects against sludge formation providing cleaner engines.
- Excellent in-service retention of TBN facilitates extended drain intervals.
- Exceptional detergency/dispersancy provides excellent engine cleanliness, especially engine top decks.
Marlub Zinc Free series are high performance, zinc-free and chlorine-free oils specially designed to provide excellent engine cleanliness and oil filter life in the modern railroad diesel locomotive engines. These oils are formulated with an additive package endorsed by engine manufacturers’ and meet the requirements of newer diesel locomotive engines of General Electric (GE) and Electro Motive Division (EMD) of General Motors.
Though the newer engines consume significantly less oil and operate at higher temperatures, the excellent TBN retention property and improved oxidation resistance of Marlub Zinc Free provide superior service and facilitate extended drain intervals. These oils exceed the performance requirements of Locomotive Maintenance Officers Association (LMOA) Generation 5 and API CF/CF-2 and are available in two viscosity grades, viz. SAE 20W/40 and SAE 40.
Marlub Zinc Free is applicable for: