We recommend that you check and top-up your oil at least once a month, or before any long trip. Changes to engine oil should be undertaken at regular intervals as recommended by your vehicle manufacturer.
You may need to change your oil more often if:
- you drive frequent short runs (less than 8 kms)
- more than 50 percent of your driving is in heavy city traffic
- you drive long distances at high-speeds in high temperatures (above 32°C)
- you drive in dusty, sandy or salty conditions
- do a long trip with a heavy load, including towing
So.. What are you going to do now? Right! Check the engine oil. If you don't know how to do this, watch this movie first.