Why Change Your Oil?
Why change your oil?
Oil is the life blood of your car. It keeps your engine lubricated and clean. Without oil, the metal parts of the engine will create so much of friction and get so hot that the engine will literally weld itself together.
Let's say that your engine has plenty of oil, but you never change it. Two things will definitely happen:
- Dirt will accumulate in the oil. The filter will remove the dirt for a while, but eventually the filter will clog and the dirty oil will automatically bypass the filter through a relief valve. Dirty oil is thick and abrasive, so it causes more wear.
- Additives in the oil like detergents, dispersants, rust-fighters and friction reducers will wear out, so the oil won't lubricate as well as it should.
What are the symptoms of old, dirty or low oil?
If you oil is due for a change, you may experience some of the following symptoms while driving:
- Your engine will be louder than usual (especially at startup).
- Your car may struggle to stay at a constant speed. This can be caused by a clogged oil filter.
- Your oil light or engine light will illuminate.
The bottom line here is that your engine needs regular oil and filter changes. How often depends on a variety of factors: the age of your car, the type of oil you use and your driving habits and conditions. By changing your oil regularly, you’ll be able to avoid big time engine damage. You’ll also be able to enjoy great benefits, like improved fuel economy, smoother and quieter engine performance, and longer engine life.
To find out which Rymax oil is suitable for your car, check out our Oil Advisor app on here